Braided Spaghetti Bread
1 package lough of french bread dough
6 oz spaghetti, cooked
1 cup thick spaghetti sauce
8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded or cubed
1 egg white
** you can add cooked ground meat, too, if you want the "spaghetti and meatball" effect
1. Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray (or use parchment paper).
2. Roll loaf into a 12x16-inch rectangle.
3. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and let cool slightly. Mix with sauce (and meat if you want).
4. Place spaghetti lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down the center of dough. Top with cheese.
5. Make cuts 1 ½-inches apart on long sides of dough to within ½-inch of filling.
6. Begin braid by folding top and bottom strips toward filling. Then braid strips left over right, right over left. Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid.
7. Lift braid with both hands and place on large sprayed baking sheet. (or transfer parchment paper to baking sheet).
8. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, parsley and garlic powder.
9. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and slice to serve.