Weeknight Apple Pie Bites
Sometimes you come across a recipe and it makes you go "duh!" This is one of those recipes. I came across it at Cookin' Up North via Pinterest.
I love apple pie but I hate cooking it. It's labor intensive and I never seem to want it that badly. Well this recipe takes all the work out of it! From start to finish it takes about 30 minutes. Seriously! It turns this American dessert into a treat you can have any time! Enjoy!
1 refrigerated pie crust
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tbl butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spray lining with non-stick spray.
2. Peel (optional) and core apple and cut into 8 wedges.
3. Unfold the pie crust. If your brand of pie crust is a circle, slice into 8 wedges. If your brand is a rectangle, cut into 8 strips.
4. Take one pie piece and brush it on one side with melted butter then sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar. Place an apple wedge at the large end and roll up. Place on baking sheet. Repeat until you have eight.
5. Brush the tops of the pastry with more butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
6. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with ice cream and/or caramel sauce. Delish!